A couple of weeks ago, we took in delivery of the new Specialized Venge Pro Force. The Venge is Specialized aero road bike that is setup to compete with rides like the Ridley Noah, Giant Propel, Cervelo S5 and other road bikes aimed at bringing aero technology from TT and Tri bikes to road racing frames. With the decreased drag and resistance, the bike is designed to cut through air with precision.
About the Venge (from Specialized.com):
The VENGE is a pure-science mind wrapped in a lay-down-the-law body. With a one-two punch of Shiv-inspired aerodynamics and Tarmac-borne stiffness, this machine was born to fly. With multiple World Tour victories under its belt, the FACT IS 11r carbon frame and supreme handling delivers the winning formula of light weight, stiff and aero. With a measured 22 watts of free power at 40km/hr over the Tarmac SL3, it’s tailor-made for serious performers who like to crush competitors’ dreams and break spirits into tiny pieces.
Features (from Specialized.com):
The Venge Pro’s competition-crushing combo of Tarmac-inspired stiffness and light weight with Shiv-inspired aerodynamics makes this pure race machine truly more bike than aero. A full compliment of SRAM Force components means high value and high performance.
- UCI-legal, FACT IS 10r frameset, full-monocoque carbon frame with one-piece carbon OSBB/chainstay, internal cable routing, and tapered head tube provides the complete performance formula for weight, stiffness and aerodynamics
- UCI-legal, full carbon monocoque fork with 3:1 airfoil shaping and straight profile for best combination of aerodynamics and stiffness
- Specialized Pro FACT Carbon crankset with oversided BB and removeable spider, has an unparalleled stiffness to wieght ratio for efficiency and power transfer
- Specialized Turbo Pro 127 TPI, offers BlackBelt protection for a tough tire that still offers low rolling resistance, great traction, and light weight to allow for quick climps and fast decents
- Stiff, light, UCI-legal bladed carbon seatpost; pairs with Specialized BG Romin Expert with hollow Ti rails for durability
This version of the Venge is kitted out with a host of Specialized components and the complete SRAM Force component group (minus the cranks in favor of the Specialized Pro FACT carbons). Overall weight without pedals and the stock aluminum bar (Easton EA90 Aero review bar already installed as pictured) came in at 15 lbs 12 oz for a size 58. With this component group at that size, that is more than respectable.
Over the coming months, we are going to be using this bike to review road bike components and to review the bike itself. Stay tuned as we start putting the miles on for more updates. After the shakedown…we can tell you that this bike likes to cut through air much more than the Tarmac did…but that was to be expected.
For full spec and more information…check out Specialized.com.