Zoic Mountain Biking Apparel – Ether Short and Heretic Jersey
Last week, Zoic Clothing sent over some mountain bike apparel for review. Zoic Clothing manufacturers a wide range of mountain biking apparel for both men and woman. Their styles lean towards the recreational and baggy style that is both comfortable and stylish.
More about Zoic
Ripped from Zoic.com
- Life forming; of the earth
- Animal mode of existence
- Era in time
- Kick Ass Clothing
ZOIC was formed in 1994 on the mountain biking trails of the Marin Headlands. The belief was that clothing plays an integral role in connecting you to the active outdoor experience. While technical performance is a necessary element for the connection, components such as color, fit, fabric, and feel can enhance it and bring it to the next level. Ultimately this experience evolves into a lifestyle, in which clothing becomes the defining and expressive representative.
ZOIC was the first company to successfully integrate the baggy mountain bike short into the mainstream cycling conscious. Incorporating the “inner liner” with the “external shell” has become the clothing of choice for many cycling enthusiasts. This clothing alternative has captured mountain bikers of all shapes and sizes, who have helped launch ZOIC into the forefront of their outdoor pursuits.
We source the best performance wicking knit fabrics from all over the world for our jersey program, and seek out the most durable, innovative nylon wovens for our ever expanding short program. We look for the 3F’s, function, fit, and fashion, when sourcing our fabric needs, while also appealing to our needs of performance and comfort.
ZOIC has always been a grassroots, organic corporation, eschewing mainstream media, advertising, and athlete sponsorship, while focusing on local race sponsorships, kids programs, industry events, and general cycling advocacy programs. We love being outside, experiencing the moment, and connecting with our pursuits; helping people achieve their outdoor goals motivates us. Whether it’s being there for a child’s first ride, the first mountain bike, the first race, the first downhill, or the first cup of coffee for the day, we want to be with you.
ZOIC’s CORE PURPOSE: Continually create outdoor clothing that embodies the elements of a quality lifestyle: Performance, Fun, Comfort, Simplicity, and Aesthetics
ZOIC’s CORE VALUES:
- Step up- rise to the occasion, as the bar only gets raised
- Look ahead- improve, innovate, or invent
- Contribute- be co-creators of policies, strategies and culture
- Enjoy the process- this is not simply a means to the ends
- Take initiative- if it is to be it is up to me
- Take time to enjoy the outdoor pursuits
- Watch and react to changing environmental needs, helping to preserve our Planet
What did Zoic sent to 198 for Review?
The crew over at Zoic sent over two items for review on this site…the Heretic MTB jersey and Ether MTB short. (Pictures are in the gallery below)
15” Zip Front Performance Jersey
* Tagless neckline
* MP3 pocket with logo’d zipper tape
* 4 Back elastic pockets
* Light elastic in body hem
* Flat stitched seams and clean finished neckline
* Front zip is reverse coil with semi auto lock slider & chin zipper guard
* Tonal screen print on left body
* Venting on underarms
* (ee) Environmentally Enlightened
Fabric: 57% Polyester / 43% Bamboo Active Carbon
* Best Selling Short for 3 years
* 11 1/2″ inseam with elasticized back waist and flat front waistband
* new side Velcro adjuster tabs for personalized fit
* Snap and zip fly
* Tagless waistline
* Integrated knit panels for ventilation
* Two front hand pockets and two leg zipper pockets with ZOIC grommet for MP3 storage and headphone accessibility
* MP3 cord loop
* Hidden back zip pocket
* Zippers with semi-auto lock sliders
* Signature “Fusion Gusset” for superior range of motion
* Removable moisture wicking stretch mesh liner; makes this short functional on and off the bike
Shell: 100% Nylon Rip-Stop
Air Flow Inserts: 100% Polyester Knit
Liner: Men’s Assault – 92% Polyester, 8% Spandex
Initial Thoughts On The Heretic and Ether from Zoic
I’ll be honest…as I always am on this site…I was talking to my contact over at Zoic and she was telling me how great their clothing really is. She was explaining how much better their fabrics were than everyone else on the market and that I would be able to tell right off the bad how great this stuff really was, so when I unpacked the box Zoic sent over…I was ready to critique instantly.
At first feel, this mountain biking apparel from Zoic has the best feel out of any other apparel I have tried to date…and I have tried A LOT. Their fabric, fit and finish on their clothing is really a cut above the rest. I actually called a fellow riding friend of mine and started telling him how great the shorts and jersey were. Of course, his first question was…”then how expensive are they?” At 50.00 for the jersey and 66.00 for the shorts, Zoic is actually below the median price point for mountain biking apparel. He was as surprised as I was.
Now…does this incredible out of the box feel translate to superior performance on the trail? I’ll have to spend some serious ride time on them to find out (and a couple of hits to the ground to test durability). So far, I am very impressed with these items from Zoic.
Buy the Zoic Ether and Zoic Heretic
Zoic Ether MTB Short – Chamois
Zoic Ether MTB Short – Detachable Liner
Zoic Ether MTB Short – Back
Zoic Ether MTB Short – Front
Zoic Heretic MTB Jersey – Front
Zoic Heretic MTB Jersey – Back
Zoic Mountain Biking Apparel