Bike198 is going enduro style. We just got in a helmet/goggle set from the crew over at Smith Optics. In for review is the Forefront helmet and Fuel V.2 goggles. Both are in black and the helmet features the MIPS system. Off the bat…we have some experience with Smith on their goggles. They are known for high-quality optics for sports and leisure. The helmet is a new try for us. After reading around the net, it seems that the looks are a love/hate deal but the lightness and comfort are excellent. It is probably the lightest, larger coverage helmet we have had in so far and the Vaporfit system fit up right away. We are looking forward to getting some trail time on both of these.
Here are some more details on both from SmithOptics.com.
Smith Forefront Helmet
The award winning Forefront. A full-coverage helmet ideal for all-mountain riding or racing, the Forefront’s AEROCORE™ construction featuring Koroyd® creates a low volume helmet with ventilated protection that fully integrates with your sunglasses, goggles, light, or POV camera. Available with MIPS in select colors.
- Lightweight Aerocore™ In-Mold Construction
- Ventilated Protection Featuring Patented Koroyd Material
- Integrated Skeletal Structure
- VaporFit™ Adjustable Fit System
- Adjustable/Removeable Visor
- Integrated Camera & Light Mount
- 21 Vents
- X-Static with Reactive Cooling Performance Lining
- Ultra-Light Single Layer Webbing
- AirEvac Ventilation
- Goggle Retention Strap Included
- *MIPS system available in select colors
Smith Fuel V.2 Goggles
Ride in style with custom graphics and performance mirror lens options. The Fuel v.2 Sweat-X M includes our super-absorptive Sweat-X F.A.T. 3-layer face foam. This model brings technology and style to the front of the pack.
- Medium Fit
- Sweat-X F.A.T. 3-Layer Face Foam
- Ergonomic Outrigger Positioning System
- Red Mirror Lens
- Roll/Tear Offs Compatible Lens with In-Lens Tear Offs Posts
- Custom Frame and Strap Graphics
- Ultra-Wide, Silicone Backed Strap
- Utilizes Fuel Lenses