Next up on the chopping block at Bike198 is the Mission 4 from Diamondback. This 150mm rear wheel travel all mountain styled mountain bike comes kitted out with some of the best the industry has to offer with the Truvativ Hammerschmidt AM mated to a 9 speed X.0 drivetrain with top of the line Fox Racing Shox components to handle the suspension work. The Mission 4 is the top of the line in the Mission lineup with several more options all the way down to the Mission 1. All of the bikes carry the same frame (different paint) but the component spec changes to bring the price down to around $2,400 for the lower model.
Over the next couple of weeks, we are going to start beating up on the Mission 4, so stay tuned for the review as we get this 6″ travel mountain bike dirty.
- Weapons Grade Aluminum Mission 6″ All-Mountain Frame with Knuckle Box Suspension Platform
- Fox 36 Talas RC2 Fit 160/130/100MM Fork / Fox Float RP23 XV Rear Shock
- Truvativ Hammerschmidt AM 2-SPD Transmission
- Mavic Crossmax ST Wheels
- X.0 Drivetrain
- Avid Elixir CR Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Easton Easton EA90 31.8mm Stem, EC-70 Carbon HiRise 31.8mm Bars and EC90 Double bolt clamp 30.9mm Post
- 150mm Rear Travel
- MSRP: $5,660
Note: The 2011 frame pictured will come stock with a SRAM X.0 10 speed drivetrain and the new X.0 hydraulic disc brakes.